Monday, November 17, 2008

The White Stag


This beauty was found - and legally harvested - in Rock County. Sure, they may be a dime-a-dozen up around St. Germaine and Eagle River, but they're the mythical white stag down here.

“I didn’t believe him at first. I thought he was pulling my leg,” Avery said.

Hanewold and his friends returned to find the deer the following day.

They saw the albino lying dead. It was much different than normal deer. It had soft, fine white hair like a rabbit. It also had a bushy tail like a horse.

“It’s body was glowing in the woods as white as it was,” Avery said. “I’m telling you, I’m at a loss for words.”

It was one of the best days the men have had in the woods. They had only previously seen albino deer displayed in museums or shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment